Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Claire's Candy Shop

Back in October, before I started this here little blog, I wore pink the whole month for Breast Cancer Awareness.  This is my favorite manicure from that month.  I think.     

pink multiglitter, stamping



I'm not positive but I believe I used one coat of Maybelline Cutie Pink (super old color, Maybelline doesn't even sell this particular line of polish anymore) as a base, then 2 coats of Candy Shop.  I have tried Candy Shop with no base but I prefer it with an opaque base underneath.  CS applies very easily and the glitter spreads out well, just have to occasionally push a piece of glitter or two back onto the nail when it hangs off the edge.  Know what I'm talking about?  Claire's Candy Shop is a near dupe to the much more expensive Deborah Lippmann Candy Shop.  Stephanie at Sincerely Stephanie has a really great comparison of the two here.

pink multi-glitter, stamping

For my stamp I used BM321.  I really love this stamp on the nail.  I used it previously here.  I stamped with Finger Paints Amethyst Atelier, a polish that isn't even mine, (thanks Courtney!)  It's a dark purple, very pigmented and I think it stamped really nicely and didn't cover up Candy Shop too much.  You think?

PS.  This has been the background on my phone for a long while now!  I don't really get tired of looking at it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!