Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nina Ultra Pro Pearly Brights

Welp - I made it through my first day back at work unscathed.  Hopefully ya'll did too.

Today I have a Nina Ultra Pro polish for you.  I've only seen these at Sally's and I think that's the only place they're sold - but I'm not 100% on that.  Today's polish is Pearly Brights and it's a new color for the line.  I believe it was released with their revamped bottles and brushes.

pearl peach shimmer



Let me tell you about this polish.  I eyeballed this polish every time I visited Sally's (which is a lot, as you can probably guess) but always put it back telling myself it wasn't a "me" color, or it seemed kinda granny-ish because of the pearly finish. (Not to insult any of you grannies out there, but I'm trying hard to hang on to my 20's here...)  I finally caved though - any color that gets my attention that much (Essie Secret Story, I'm looking at you) deserves to be bought!  I should trust my instinct more often because I love the crap out of this polish!

Pearly Peach Shimmer

Now, my camera phone did freak out slightly when taking pics of this...because it is basically NEON, but I did manage to get pretty color accurate photos!  I am a major sucker for a neon or anything close to it.  This color is in the peach family with a pretty pretty pretty lavender/blue pearl shimmer in it.  The brightness and that lavender/blue flash really make this polish for me.  I'm so glad I bought it!

The formula was excellent, 2 coats, no problem.  Clean up went rather well also.  Below is a picture of it pre-top coat.  It dries to a matte finish, evidence of the neon-ness.  I only swatched it to take these photos, but I can not WAIT to wear it for real.    


Pearly Peach Shimmer

 Now, the new bottles: if you have any of the "old" Nina Pro Ultra, you know the bottles is a short cylindrical shape, with a short thin black cap and a medium sized, "regular" if you will, round brush.  The new bottles are still a little squabby, but rounded with a longer more ergonomic handle.  They changed the brush in a major major way.  It is flat and paddle shaped (very similar to Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure brushes) and wiiiide.  Really wide.  Almost-as-wide-as-my-nail wide.  It is HUGE and takes a teeny bit of getting used to, but once you do, you can appreciate the amount of polish it holds and how few strokes it takes to cover the whole nail with polish.

Have you guys used any of the New Nina Ultra Pro polishes?  What do you think?






3 comments:

  1. A. I would not have bought this color for the same reason, but I like it. B. I only have Nina Pro glitter, and I so, so appreciate that gigantic brush, and I'm glad to hear that it translates pretty well to regular polish anyway, esp. a neon-ish. There are no polishes that make me cuss like neons. ..Except whites. C. Wow are your nails filed perfectly. WOW.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula on this is so good Courtney! And I'm not sure if it is technically a neon but it is BRIGHT. You gotta borrow it. Oh, and thanks about my nails, I try to do a good job - I don't like long wonky-filed nails.

      Delete
  2. And obviously, I'm not Brandon. lol.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!