Sunday, February 10, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 10: Half Moons

Hi girls (and guys?)... Today I have another fairly simple design that can be done with endless color combinations!  Today we had the choice of Fish Tail Braid or Half Moons and I went with Half Moons!  I just really like the look of them and have never done one.  I tried one a long time ago but my stickers didn't lay down good so it was an awful mess.  This time worked out very well though!  

half moon mani

These half moon manis are really simple to do.  Paint a base color and let it dry completely, you can use a fast dry top coat (like Seche Vite or Cult Nails Wicked Fast) to speed up the process.  Then cut hole reinforcement stickers in half and stick them on your nail near the cuticles.  Make sure all the edges are down and laying flat so paint doesn't seep under it.  That's where cutting them in half comes in handy - it's a lot harder to get them to lay down correctly if you just stick the full circle on there.  Then paint your top color and pull the sticker off while the paint is wet - and, ba-bam!  Half-moon mani.  


Half Moon mani

half moon mani

I used Color Club Put a Pin In It as the base color and OPI Funky Dunkey as the top color.  Put a Pin In It is a rose gold metallic/foil.  I would never, never wear this color alone.  It just looks so horrible and strange on my nails - doesn't do any favors at all for my hands, but it works for nail art!  Funky Dunkey is... purple.  It's a purple cream that is awesome.  I've already used it once in this challenge and I have to keep telling myself not to use it again because I have like, 200 other polishes.  It has a typically fantastic OPI formula and the color doesn't lean too far blue or red.

half moon mani

half moon mani

Overall I was pretty happy with design and I have a feeling I'll be using this technique a lot more often now!


Now, please go and enjoy the other gals Day 10 nails!

3 comments:

  1. Where do you get the stickers for the half moon design?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anywhere, they're just hole reinforcement stickers for notebook paper. So, walmart or staples or office max or even the drug store.

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!