Monday, February 18, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 18: Galaxy

Hope everyone had a great Monday!  Another late post for me... I'm slipping!  Today our options were Galaxy or Rhinestone - and I chose Galaxy!!  I was a little bit afraid to do these nails, I've never done Galaxy nails before ... I thought they were just going to look like ugly blobs of random color polish, but I was stupidly happy over how they turned out!  Looking back - I think you'd almost have to try to mess them up for them to be bad!

Galaxy mani



I used a LOT of polish for these nails.  A lot.  Probably all of them weren't necessary but we'll never know for sure.  Below is a picture of the polishes I used, minus 1.  I forgot to add the color I used as my base color.  


Clockwise from Top Center:
Zoya Carly
a-England Perceval 
INM Nothern Nights
a-England Tristam
Zoya Lotus
a-England Lady of the Lake
Orly Royal Navy
OPI Teal the Cows Come Home
China Glaze Def Defying
Revlon Rain Forest
Sation Oh My Oceania!
Wet 'n Wild Teal of Fortune
OPI Happy Anniversary
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
OPI Charged Up Cherry
OPI Koala Bear-y
OPI Cajun Shrimp

For this design I started out with a base of OPI Russian Navy which is gorgeous by itself (and also not shown in this photo).  I will have to do a full review of that one some day.  Then I took little eye shadow applicators  (super cheap disposable ones) to sponge the colors on.  I sponged OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls on all nails first so that the colors would stand out better.  

galaxy mani

galaxy mani

On my index and pinky I used Tristam, Lotus, Lady of the Lake, Royal Navy, Teal the Cows Come Home and a little Happy Anniversary.  

For the middle nail I used Oh My Oceania!, Rain Forest, Def Defying and Teal of Fortune and a little Happy Anniversary.

For my ring nail I used Carly, Perceval, Cajun Shrimp, Charged up Cherry and Koala Bear-y and a little Happy Anniversary.

galaxy mani

galaxy mani

 Then I used a dotting tool to draw on all the little stars.  Finally, after I took a bunch of pictures with out it - I added a coat of INM Northern Nights to each nail and they were so pretty!  Blurry shot below to show the Northern Nights sparkle better.

galaxy mani

galaxy mani

Here is the schedule again for the rest of the month.


See what the other gals have done for today!

2 comments:

  1. I love these nails! They turned out awesome! I like that you made each nail a different color.

    Also I LOVE Northern Lights (Aka Transporter Polish after Star Trek, yup I'm a nerd) I almost always use it over my manis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make everything prettier! Thanks for reading/looking! These were so fun and easy to do! (PS. I think we are all kinda nerdy for getting into polish so much, haha!)

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!