Saturday, February 23, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 20: Flowers

Hey ya'll!  Today is Day 20 of the Flip/Flop February challenge.  Today's options?  Flowers or VGap.  I chose flowers.     

purple mani

Now, I wasn't too thrilled with the idea of having to take off my butterfly wings with the beautiful gradient after only 24 hours, so I didn't.  I saved the winged nails and I added the gradient to the index and pinky fingers.  On top of that I added small dried flowers I got from Born Pretty Store.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

purple mani

I had a hard time getting these to lay flat even with the thick coats of Seche Vite I used.  I took the flowers off almost as soon as I was able to take the photos.  I liked the way the flowers turned out in real life even less than I do in these pictures!  I think maybe a contrasting color flower would've been better.

purple mani
Excuse the tip wear... 

purple mani

Since I was disappointed with the dried flowers... I just did some quick little dot flowers on the other hand.

purple mani


2 comments:

  1. I really love how you did your nails ombre' before painting the butterfly design! It looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I wouldn't have painted over them if I hadn't been doing the challenge!

      Delete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!