Sunday, February 24, 2013

Flip/Flop February Day 23: Lightning

Hey ya'll - so for Day 23 of the Flip/Flop February challenge the choice was Lightning or Bows.  I decided on lightning because Nailside has a really great tutorial on how to do these [here].  I did these in a really random order - ring nail first, then middle, then pinky then index... so they kind of got better as I went, I'm not crazy about how small the ring finger one turned out.  


I used 4 polishes for this design.  The base colors from index to pinky are OPI Koala Bear-y, Sation Oh My Oceania, Orly Oh Cabana Boy and Wet 'n Wild Teal of Fortune (which is gorgeous and these pictures aren't doing it justice - I'll have to do a real swatch of this soon).  The lightning bolts from index to pinky are Oh Cabana Boy, Koala Bear-y, Teal of Fortune and Oh My Oceania.  




On my middle finger I painted white first so the pink would be bright on the nail - but as you can see, I didn't quite get all the white covered up.  Oops.  Would look neat maybe if I had done them all that way.  My favorite nail is my pinky nail - and it was an afterthought!  I had originally planned to just do the middle and ring finger with lightning bolts.  I added a coat of Seche Vite and a coat of INM Northern Lights to top it all off.  


Today's theme, which I haven't gotten to yet (Day 24) is Tissue Paper or Rainbow - I have an idea for Rainbow in my head, I just have to get it on my nails and then on the blog!  


Take a minute to check out the other gals Day 23 designs!

5 comments:

  1. Love them! I'm so disappointed that the website that sells Sation no longer has Oh My Oceania in stock. It is such a gorgeous color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl! You can get it right here: http://www.transdesign.com/ It's where I got mine. It's only $3.50! Might want to throw some other polishes in your cart to make the shipping worth it. Scroll down in the left side bar and pick "Polishes", then at the top click the grey square that says "Sation", then click "New Sation" and you will find it there! You can sort the polishes by name to make it easier. I'm going to go comment on your page some where just to make sure you see this... lol.

      Delete
    2. Oh good! I hadn't heard of this website. Thanks for letting me know!!! Now I have no excuse..I have to get it! Haha, my mom is going to be so mad!

      Delete
  2. I love this mani! You have not dissappointed your readers ma'am.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pink on pink index the best! I love!

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments, so don't be bashful!